Pizza Chef Job Description
Indian Ladder Farms is a 325-acre working farm and agritourism destination located in Altamont NY. The farm grows apples, berries, pumpkins and operates an extensive pick your own in the summer and fall as well as presses its own cider. The farm is home to a cidery and brewery, manufacturing and serving hard cider and beer with ingredients grown on the farm. Indian Ladder has an extensive farm market and bakery featuring popular items such as cider doughnuts. Indian Ladder operates two (soon to be three) kitchens, conducting farm to table foodservice in a café, tasting room & biergarten as well as catering private events on the farm. New this year will be a wood-fired pizza oven serving pizza at a third location adjacent to the new brewery.
Position: Pizza Chef part time/full time/seasonal
Compensation: hourly wage commensurate with experience
Benefits: sick pay, employee discount
For Pizza Cook Hiring Application
- Pizza Making Experience (1 Year) and/or Restaurant Experience (2 Year)
- Late Afternoon/Night Shift
- Benefits: Opportunity for advancement
- Looking For: experienced, professional pizza/line cooks to join our culinary team. Pizza cook duties will consist of assisting the Executive and Sous Chefs with their daily tasks, contributing to prep execution, setting up and stocking stations, assisting in the opening of our pizza restaurant. Weekend availability is mandatory. Offering competitive hourly rate.
- Full/Part Time 3 Seasons
- Assisting in creating a “flow of the kitchen” system that works for our custom-built pizza kitchen.
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies per line check sheet and sous-chef’s direction.
- Prepping food for service; pizza sauce, dough, toppings, and additional items needed by sister kitchen on property.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with Kitchen Expo.
- Feeding and maintaining correct fire and stone temperatures of oven throughout the day
- Answer, report to and follow Executive or Sous Chef’s instructions.
- Clean up station and properly handle storage/disposal of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately per Volume Sheet indicators and Sous Chef’s orders
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and within the ticket time standard.
- Completion of entire prep and cleaning list daily
- Comply with allergen, sanitation regulations, Chef sanitation standards and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers. No swearing or vulgar language.
- Direct all questions to Sous or Exec Chef, never assuming without 100% knowledge.
- Proven cooking experience. Will be put on paid trial period of 2 weeks to access skill level and compatibility.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking techniques, ingredients, and equipment.
- Fast-paced execution of all tasks as well as sense of urgency.
- Accuracy and appearance of completed menu items and prep.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
To apply send Cover Letter & Resume to: email@example.com
(Please Specify Job You Are Applying For)
342 Altamont Rd., Altamont, NY 12009