Line Cook Job Description
Indian Ladder Farms is a 325-acre working farm and agritourism destination located in Altamont NY. The farm grows apples, berries, pumpkins and operates an extensive pick your own in the summer and fall as well as presses its own cider. The farm is home to a cidery and brewery, manufacturing and serving hard cider and beer with ingredients grown on the farm. Indian Ladder has an extensive farm market and bakery featuring popular items such as cider doughnuts. Indian Ladder operates two (soon to be three) kitchens, conducting farm to table foodservice in a café, tasting room & biergarten as well as catering private events on the farm. New this year will be a wood-fired pizza oven serving pizza at a third location adjacent to the new brewery.
Position: Line Cook part time/full time/seasonal
Compensation: hourly wage commensurate with experience
Benefits: sick pay, employee discount
- Restaurant Experience (1 Year)
- Night Shift/Day Shift
- Benefits: Opportunity for advancement,
- Looking For: experienced, professional line cooks to join our culinary team. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the Executive and Sous Chefs with their daily tasks, contributing to prep execution, setting up and stocking stations for service and preparing food to the chef’s specifications. Weekend availability is mandatory. Offering competitive hourly rate.
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies per line check sheet and sous-chef’s direction.
- Prepping food for service; panning up meats, cutting vegetables, making backups.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with Kitchen Expo and other stations.
- Answer, report to and follow Executive or Sous Chef’s instructions.
- Clean up station and properly handle storage/disposal of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately per Volume Sheet indicators and Sous Chef’s orders
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and within the ticket time standard.
- Comply with allergen, sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers. No swearing or vulgar language.
- Direct any and all questions to Sous or Exec Chef, never assuming without 100% knowledge.
- Proven cooking experience. Will be put on paid trial period of 2 weeks.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking techniques, ingredients, and equipment.
- Fast-paced execution of all tasks as well as sense of urgency.
- Accuracy and appearance of completed menu items and prep.
To apply email resume and cover letter to email@example.com