Field Trips to Indian Ladder Farms
The cost for tours is $6.00 per child. There is no charge for teachers or chaperones. Minimum of 10 students or $60.00
Baby Farm Animal Tour (Available May 5-21, 2017)
Come meet our babies in the Baby Animal Barn. Learn about the life cycles and habits of baby turkey poults, chicks, ducklings, bunnies, lambs, goat kids, piglets, and calves. Get up close and personal with the animals. The tour continues in the Learning Center, exploring the interdependence between animals and people and learning about different animal products and their uses. The cost for tours is $6.00 per child. There is no charge for teachers or chaperones. Minimum of 10 students or $60.00
Apple Farm Tour
On the Apple Farm Tour, students visit Mount Mac and learn the land’s history, hear the story of Johnny Appleseed, get a behind-the-scenes look at harvesting and packing, observe a working cider press, and, of course, interact with our farm animals. All the while, they are learning about farming, how apples are grown, how the bees help pollinate our trees, where their food comes from, caring for the land, local history, and so much more. Each student receives a glass of cider and an apple to enjoy at the farm. The cost for tours is $6.00 per child. There is no charge for teachers or chaperones. Minimum of 10 students or $60.00
Custom Tours – Summer Tours
During the summer months we are able to put together unique tours that combine elements of our other offerings. For example, your group may choose to go berry picking, see the observation hive and visit with the animals or your choice of other farm locations.
We welcome groups of any age who are interested in learning about apples and farming, and can tailor your tour to meet your particular interests or needs. Tours can be customized to meet curriculum objectives for students from preschool through high school and beyond.
Add-ons: Your farm experience can be enhanced with the following options.
- Hayride: A 15-minute scenic hayride through the apple orchard. $3 per person (25 person or $75 minimum; available anytime)
- Fall Pick-Your-Own Apples: $21 per half bushel bag; $18 for two or more half bushel bags. Half-peck bags are available by request only for tour groups who would like each student to pick into their own bag.
- Pick-Your-Own Pumpkins $1 each for small, kiddie pumpkins. Larger pumpkins are priced per pound.
- Doughnuts: Our delicious and fresh apple cider doughnuts should be pre-ordered by groups to ensure availability. The tour coordinator can arrange this for you.
- And don’t forget … our free, mile-long nature trail, sandbox for the younger children, herb garden and picnic area for all to enjoy. Bring blankets for picnicking, just in case.