Dishwasher Job Description
Indian Ladder Farms is a 325-acre working farm and agritourism destination located in Altamont NY. The farm grows apples, berries, pumpkins and operates an extensive pick your own in the summer and fall as well as presses its own cider. The farm is home to a cidery and brewery, manufacturing and serving hard cider and beer with ingredients grown on the farm. Indian Ladder has an extensive farm market and bakery featuring popular items such as cider doughnuts. Indian Ladder operates two (soon to be three) kitchens, conducting farm to table foodservice in a café, tasting room & biergarten as well as catering private events on the farm. New this year will be a wood-fired pizza oven serving pizza at a third location adjacent to the new brewery.
Position: Dishwasher part time/full time/seasonal
Compensation: hourly wage commensurate with experience
Benefits: sick pay, employee discount
- Professional, respectful and positive demeanor
- Strong communication skills–ability to effectively listen, read & speak clearly
- Ability to function as a team player maintaining clear lines of communication with employees and managers across departments farm wide.
- Washes all dishes and kitchen equipment until properly cleaned and sanitized. Free of debris, grease and bacteria
- Assists in food preparation and other any duties set forth or requested by Executive Chef or Sous Chef
- Ability to set-up and maintain dish sinks properly with correct cleaners, sanitizers and tools.
- Maintenance of trash and recyclables during and at the end of your scheduled shift
- Maintenance of a clean work station(floors, counters, sinks)-free of stagnant water and food debris
- Clean, sanitize and dry sinks at the end of the shift
- Organization of dish racks daily consistently placing dishes/equipment in pre-determined locations
- Ability to be self-motivated with a sense of urgency
To apply send Cover Letter & Resume to: email@example.com
(Please Specify Job You Are Applying For)
342 Altamont Rd., Altamont, NY 12009